Dark mode is quite a trend at present. Its popularity is growing over time. Almost all applications now offer you the benefits of Dark Mode, even some famous websites and give you the option to use it.
What is Dark Mode?
Dark mode is an object that creates a dark layer in the user interface of your application software. This dark mode is mainly used for energy saving and reducing the brightness of the screen.
There are many benefits to using Dark Mode on your mobile or personal computer. Just like that, there are some downsides to using it.
Image: Dark mode in my mobile device.
Advantages of Dark Mode:
- If your device has an OLED (organic light-emitting diode) and AMOLED display, this dark mode will help you save battery power.
- Since most areas of the display are black when using Dark Mode, this reduces the amount of blue light coming from the display. Moreover the reflection of the display is also low.
- Dark mode is comfortable for the eyes as most of the space is black.
Disadvantages of Dark Mode:
- Some applications are not yet properly optimized with Dark Mode. In this case, you may have trouble getting clear visuals.
- When using dark mode in a place with more light, the text of the display seems to be blurred.